Our firm specialises in Family Law. Our lawyers practise predominantly in Family Law and our principal, Sophie Song, is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law. This means that she has been certified by the Law Institute of Victoria to be a specialist in this area of law. Accredited Specialists must pass a series of exams and have practised in Family Law for a significant amount of time.
You may be at the end of a relationship, facing an uncertain future and wanting guidance about how to disentangle yourself from the mess. You may be entering into a relationship and wanting some certainty as to what will happen to your assets and income in the future. Whether you are in a married, de facto or same-sex relationship, we’re here to assist you with the legal aspects of your relationship. We are discreet, non-judgemental, and supportive.
To give you an idea of what we can do for you, here is what would likely happen if you came to see us about child custody or a property settlement:
- We meet with you and listen to you about your situation and needs. We will gather a background of your relationship history and find out from you what your priorities are.
- We will answer your questions about and advise you about the likely outcome of your matter. We will provide you tips about how to secure your assets and protect your children, as well as how best to position yourself for any future legal manoeuvres made by your spouse. We will also outline the next steps for you.
- We can assist you with negotiating a settlement with your spouse, if you do not wish to engage in negotiations yourself or if you have already attempted to do so, but you were unable to reach agreement.
- If an agreement is reached, we can assist you with drafting the necessary documents to record the terms of your agreement and ensure that it is in a legally-binding form.
- If you and your spouse are unable to reach agreement via negotiations, we will advise you about other options that are available to you, such as private mediation or going to Court.
Where possible, we will help you to resolve your legal matters amicably. If your matter does end up in Court, we will help you to put your best case forward and advise you about the best litigation strategies.
If you would like to chat to us further about how we can assist you, please call us on (03) 9803 5673.