LLB, BCom (University of Melbourne)
Sophie is an experienced divorce lawyer, having practised exclusively in family law for 10 years. She is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, which means that she has been certified by the Law Institute of Victoria as being an expert in divorces, property settlements, parenting arrangements, and other related issues.
Sophie is an agile negotiator and aims to resolve matters expeditiously and collaboratively . Where a fair resolution cannot be reached through negotiations, Sophie is able to vigorously represent you and your interests in Court. Sophie has appeared on behalf of her clients in the Family Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Supreme Court of Victoria, County Court of Victoria and Magistrates Court of Victoria.
Sophie has experience in resolving complex property settlements involving trusts, companies, overseas assets, family loans, inheritances, and taxation issues. Sophie aims to help her clients obtain a fair property settlement that recognises the contributions they have made to their family.
With regards to parenting matters, Sophie recognises that each family has unique needs and she strives to tailor practical custody arrangements that addresses those needs.
Sophie grew up in Mount Waverley and now resides in an eastern suburb of Melbourne. Outside of the office, Sophie enjoys exploring the scenic walking trails of Victoria and spending time with her son William.
Professional memberships and qualifications
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Law Council of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- English (divorce lawyer Glen Waverley family lawyer Melbourne CBD)
- Mandarin Chinese (家庭法 / 离婚法 专家） (Melbourne CBD family lawyer Glen Waverley divorce lawyer Melbourne CBD)